What's in store
*Please note timings on this agenda are in UK Time (BST)
Day 1 – 3rd june
Policy & Technology
10:00am – 10:25am
Insights & Scene Setting Presentation: Policy Developments Update: What is the thinking behind the latest targets?
Laila Kienel, Policy Analyst Renewables and Energy Systems Integration Policy, Directorate General for Energy, European Commission
10:30am – 11:15am
Panel Discussion: Collaboration: What can policy and policy makers do to make wind power technology more deployable?
Teemu Vekkeli, O&M Technical Manager, Asset Management, Eurus Energy
Jan de Groof, Head of Asset Management & Procurement, Engie
Lunch & screen break
2:00pm – 2:35pm
Quick Fire Presentation: Offshore Growth Trends, Geopolitics and New Technology
Maf Smith, Director, Lumen Energy & Environment
2:35pm – 2:55pm
Quick Fire Presentation: Start Winning Your Wind Energy Bets: How Weather Forecasting Can Save Money Throughout the Project Lifecycle
Matthew Lennie, Machine Learning Engineer PHD, Renewable Energy, Spire Weather
3:00pm – 3:45pm
The Big Debate: What is the Future of Offshore? New Installations vs. Floating vs. Asset Conversions
This debate will consider the various benefits and challenges of the different offshore structures available. Debating, evaluating and comparing CAPEX, OPEX, speed of installation and ecological impact.
Bruno G. Geschier, Chief Sales & Marketing Officer, BW IDEOL/Chairman, WFO’s Floating Offshore Wind Committee/Chairman, FOWT’s Scientific & Technical Committee (Programming Committee)
Friedrich von Storch, Manager Betrieb Offshore Wind, EnBW Energie
(moderator) Mona Dajani, Global Co-Head Energy & Infrastructure Projects Team, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
Close of day 1
Day 2 – 4th June
10:00am – 10:30am
Insights & Understanding the Thinking Presentation: Upcoming Auctions & Developments: Growth & Policy for the Sector
Brian Gaylord, Southern Europe & LatAm Wind Market Analyst, Wood MacKenzie
10:35am – 11:15am
The Big Debate: To Repower or Not to Repower?
- Does repowering actually make financial and technical sense as a practical end of life strategy?
- What planning considerations come into play when looking at repowering?
- Can you compare retrofitting PVs to repowering a turbine? What are the different implications?
Moderator: Daniel Liu, Principal Analyst, Power and Renewables, Wood Mackenzie
Ivan Komusanac, Markets & Wind Energy Technology Analyst, Wind Europe
Peter Spengemann, Director Repowering, WPD
Lunch & screen break
2:00pm – 2:20pm
Case Study: Beyond Corporate PPAs: Working with Corporations in Innovative Ways
Barry Thompson, CEO & Co-Founder, Alpha 311
2:25pm – 2:55pm
Presentations: What Incentive do Independent Power Producers Have to Add Renewable Energy Capacity if Capex on coal is cheaper?
Phillip Tatoro, CEO & Founder, IntelStor
3:00pm – 3:45pm
Panel Discussion: Optimising Revenue Streams: How Can You Make the Most Out of Your Asset?
- Best practice for data and data analytics to optimise your fleet
- How do secure more data in order to improve your analytics and understanding?
- Hedging tools & Spot Pricing: How do you protect revenues when the wind doesn’t blow?
- When you subcontract the primary services, you put a lot of trust in those providers. Poor decisions by them may take a while to surface – either at the end of life or at divestment. How do you balance that trust with the right level of oversight?
Ingo Ermel, Investment Manager, Encavis AG
Christophe Lepaysan, CEO, Epsiline
Stuart Donnelly, Head of Smart Energy, Falck Renewables
Matthew Lennie, Machine Learning Engineer, Renewable Energy, Spire Weather
Michael Wilkinson, Chief Product Officer,Utopus Insights